Innovation Day attracts international interest
Just a moment ... Lina Sors Emilsson, project manager for the EIT Health Innovation Day that December 1 gathered students and representatives of Uppsala Municipality and Uppsala Region aiming to create ideas for the job market of the future.
Your thoughts on EIT Health Innovation Day 2017?
– We are extremely pleased! Nearly 80 participants came to Östgöta Nation, everyone contributed enthusiastically to the challenges formulated by the Uppsala kommun and Region Uppsala, and the day offered exactly the kind of creative meetings, discussions and ideas we hoped for.
How will you proceed with the ideas?
– The challenges were to make the Uppsala kommun and Uppsala Region even more attractive employers for young university graduates and to make the Karl Johansgårdarna nursing home the most attractive workplace of the future – and discussions in both cases focused on the importance of young people's awareness of these workplaces, and above all the importance of human interaction, participation and development of skills. Next, three of the student teams will meet again with Uppsala kommun and Region Uppsala to see if their ideas can be implemented.
You also attracted long-distance visitors?
– We arranged our first EIT Health Innovation Day in November 2016, which brought interest far beyond our region. This year we welcomed representatives from Barcelona and Tartu, who wanted to experience Innovation Day in person, and when they left Uppsala, it was with the explicit ambition to establish the concept in their home countries as soon as possible.
How will you develop EIT Health Innovation Day in Uppsala?
– We have already made numerous important improvements since 2016, including scaling down the format into a more intimate environment better suited for the interdisciplinary conversations we seek. The closer cooperation with Uppsala kommun and Region Uppsala, who also had about twenty employees participating at the tables, was also a big progress. We now have a functional structure for future Innovation Days, but it would be great if we could attract more "usual" Uppsala citizens to participate in the conversations.
What happens next in Uppsala University’s engagement in EIT Health activities?
– In the Campus pillar, we give priority to interdisciplinary initiatives that show students the power and synergies that arise when different competences interact, and now preparations begin for our spring courses Health Innovation - An Interdisciplinary Approach and Att möta hälsoutmaningar med medborgarmedverkan och interprofessionell samverkan, as well as our Summer School Innovation Game.
Read more on the winning ideas
Read more EIT Health Innovation Day 2017
Read Scandinavian CLC Newsletter June 2018
2018-06-20The June 2018 edition of the EIT Health Scandinavian CLC Newsletter is now online. Get current updates on Scandinavian Innovation Days 2018, Headstart & European Health Catapult programmes and the 2nd...
EIT Health: Nya vägar till samarbete och nytänkande för universitetet
2018-06-04Uppsala universitets engagemang i EIT Health öppnar ständigt nya dörrar för såväl tvärvetenskaplig samverkan som med samhället i stort. Låt oss fortsätta på den här banan och använda EIT Health som et...
Enthusiastic citizens engage in Run4Health @Blodomloppet
2018-05-28Over 400 people came by the Uppsala University/EIT Health tent during the street race "Blodomloppet" in Uppsala on 17 May to receive health tests and lifestyle advice by students that had been trained...
Students at Uppsala University will guide citizens to a healthier lifestyle
2018-05-08Thursday, May 17th, a unique meeting will take place at Gränby Sportfält in Uppsala, where students at Uppsala University will offer health tests and lifestyle advice to the thousands of joggers, spec...
New study shows how to live a long and active life
2018-05-08Are you a man and do you expect to manage on your own for a while longer? Research at Uppsala University now shows that efforts to achieve a healthy diet, normal waist size and non-smoking habit can y...