A meeting place for knowledge, culture and critical dialogue
World-leading research and first-class education of global benefit to society. The mission is to gain and disseminate knowledge for the benefit of humankind and for a better world.
Uppsala University will:
- develop new areas of knowledge through cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- be an integrated education and research environment.
- be open to the outside world.
- contribute to sustainable solutions to the challenges facing society.
- have a working environment characterised by openness, responsibility and trust.
- act ethically and observe equal opportunities.
Uppsala University is the oldest university in Sweden, founded in 1477, where a living cultural heritage frames a fantastic student life. There are more than 40,000 students here and they are seen, heard and make their mark everywhere. The world-leading research and first-class education pursued here benefit society, business and culture on a global level. The University is characterised by diversity and breadth, with international frontline research at nine faculties and a wealth of educational choices at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels.
- International orientation and status
- Collegial culture of quality and academic freedom
- Diversity and breadth – research and education in nine faculties
- Student exchange and research cooperation with universities throughout the world
- One of the world’s highest ranked universities
- Key collaborative partner for business and society
- Active, systematic quality assurance and enhancement
- Superbly equipped, purpose-designed, modern, interdisciplinary campus areas
- The oldest university in the Nordic region – and the first in Sweden
- Fantastic student life
- Academic traditions and festivities
- Unique cultural offerings
- Carl Linnaeus, Anders Celsius and Olof Rudbeck are some of the famous figures in Uppsala’s history.
- Broad range of courses from undergraduate to doctoral level
- International Master’s programmes
- High quality PhD programmes
- Lifelong learning through continuing and further education
- Dedicated investments in high quality and stimulating study environment
- Educational development work
- Student participation