Quality, knowledge, and creativity since 1477
World-class research and first-rate education of global use to society, business, and culture.
Uppsala University’s goals:
- Conduct research and provide education of the highest quality.
- Be broad-minded and open to change.
- Take an active role in global society and promote development and innovation.
- Stengthen its position as a world-leading university and contribute to a better world.
Uppsala University is the oldest university in the Nordic countries, with a living cultural environment and fantastic student life. There are 40,000 students here, and they are seen, heard, and noticed everywhere. World-class research and high quality education pursued here benefit society and business on a global level. The University is characterized by diversity and breadth, with international frontline research at nine faculties and limitless educational offerings at undergraduate and master levels.
- One the world’s 100 highest ranked universities
- International orientation and position
- Peer culture of quality review and academic freedom
- Diversity and breadth – research and education in nine faculties
- Broad educational offerings at undergraduate and one- and two-year master’s levels
- International master’s programmes
- Student exchange and research cooperation with universities throughout the world
- Key collaborative partner for business and society
- Active, systematic quality improvements
- Superbly equipped, purpose-designed, modern, interdisciplinary campus areas
- Oldest university in the Nordic countries with living cultural settings
- Fantastic student life
- Academic traditions and festivities
- Unique cultural offerings
- Carl Linnaeus, Anders Celsius, and Olof Rudbeck are some of the famous historical Uppsala figures.
- International cutting-edge research within all nine faculties
- Strong research environments
- High proportion of research grants
- Large share of ERC grants to Uppsala University
- Specialization and multidisciplinary collaboration
- Pure research and innovations
- National and international research collaboration
- Broad course offerings from undergraduate to doctoral level in nine faculties
- Lifelong learning through continuing and mid-career education
- Dedicated investments in high quality and stimulating study environment
- Educational development work
- Student participation
- Enabling interplay between academy, business and society
- Offering courses for mid-career education
- Facilitating contacts between students and business
- Forging contacts with alumni