A meeting place for knowledge, culture and critical dialogue
World-leading research and first-class education of global benefit to society. The mission is to gain and disseminate knowledge for the benefit of humankind and for a better world.
Uppsala University will
- gain and disseminate knowledge for the benefit of humankind and for a better world.
- be a local, national and international meeting place for knowledge, culture and critical dialogue.
- develop new areas of knowledge through cross-disciplinary cooperation.
- be an integrated educational and research environment.
- be open to the outside world.
- contribute to achieving sustainable solutions to the challenges facing society.
- have a working environment and leadership characterised by openness, responsibility and trust.
Uppsala University is the first university in Sweden, founded in 1477, with a living cultural environment and extraordinary student life. There are 45,000 students here, and they are seen, heard, and noticed everywhere. World-class research and high quality education pursued here benefit society and business on a global level. The University is characterized by diversity and breadth, with international frontline research at nine faculties and limitless educational offerings at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels.
- International orientation and position
- Peer culture of quality review and academic freedom
- Diversity and breadth – research and education in nine faculties
- Student exchange and research cooperation with universities throughout the world
- One the world’s highest ranked universities
- Key collaborative partner for business and society
- Active, systematic quality improvements
- Superbly equipped, purpose-designed, modern, interdisciplinary campus areas
- The first university in Sweden – founded in 1477
- Extraordinary student life
- Academic traditions and festivities
- Unique cultural offerings
- Carl Linnaeus, Anders Celsius, and Olof Rudbeck are some of the famous historical Uppsala figures.
- Broad course offerings from undergraduate to doctoral level in nine faculties
- International Master’s programmes
- High quality PhD study programmes
- Lifelong learning through in-service training
- Dedicated investments in high quality and stimulating study environment
- Educational development work
- Student participation
- Enabling interplay between academy, business and society
- Offering courses for in-service training
- Facilitating contacts between students and business
- Forging contacts with alumni