Study abroad ambassador
Sort on published: 2017-03-13
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 40,000 students, 7,000 employees and a turnover of SEK 6.5 billion.
The International Office at Uppsala University is looking for Study Abroad Ambassadors
The International Office is part of the Student Affairs and Academic Registry Division and is responsible for administration and dissemination of international mobility opportunities for students at Uppsala University. We are looking for a number of students who have previous or ongoing experience in international mobility.
Responsibilities: In a team of Study Abroad Ambassadors you will, in cooperation with the International Office, raise awareness of the various types of international mobility available to students at Uppsala University. The team will need to plan and execute events in a professional manner. The team will also perform marketing research on behalf of the International Office. Each member of the team is anticipated to work approximately 100 working hours during the academic year 2017-2018.
Qualifications: In order to apply to join the team you will need to match one of the following five criteria
1. You intend to be a registered student at Uppsala University during the academic year 2017-2018 and you have completed an academic exchange of one or two semesters at one of Uppsala University’s partners.
2. You intend to be a registered student at Uppsala University during the academic year 2017-2018 and you have completed an Erasmus internship.
3. You intend to be a registered student at Uppsala University during the academic year 2017-2018 and you have taken part in the Minor Field Studies (MFS) program.
4. You are an incoming exchange student from one of Uppsala University’s partner universities for the duration of the academic year 2017-2018.
5. You are an international master student registered at an academic program at Uppsala University for the duration of the academic year 2017-2018.
Additional merits: You have some experience in event management, project management or work using social media.
Application: For a complete application please attach the following two documents
1. Personal letter of no more than two pages. The following information needs to be easily retrieved from your letter
- Which of the above stated four criteria you match
- In what country/partner university/organization you did your exchange/internship/MFS or from which partner university you are going to do your exchange at Uppsala University.
- What you believe the benefits are of an international experience in your education.
- Suggestions on possible activities/events that would contribute to informing students about study abroad opportunities.
2. Curriculum Vitae
Selection: Selection of team members is based on personal letters and curriculum vitae after the application deadline. We strive to have a team of members that will represent a balance of the five above mentioned criteria, geographical representation and academic background.
Salary: The reward is an hourly rate of 130 SEK / hour.
Contact: Jonathan Schalk, + 46 (18) 471 3612, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last day of application: Friday May 12, 2017.
We decline offers of recruitment and advertising help. We only accept the application the way described in the advertisement.
Placement: International Office
Type of employment: Part-time , Temporary position shorter than 3 months
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: Ca 100 timmar
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2017/909
Last application date: 2017-05-12