Sort on published: 2018-04-05
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 42,000 students, 7,000 employees and a turnover of SEK 6.7 billion.
The Department of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology at Uppsala University (www.igp.uu.se) has a broad research profile with strong research groups focused on cancer, autoimmune and genetic diseases. A fundamental idea at the department is to stimulate translational research and thereby closer interactions between medical research and health care. Research is presently conducted in the following areas: medical and clinical genetics, clinical immunology, pathology, neuro-oncology, vascular biology, radiation science and molecular tools. Department activities are also integrated with the units for Oncology, Clinical Genetics, Clinical Immunology, Clinical Pathology, and Hospital Physics at Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala. The department has teaching assignments in several education programmes, including Master Programmes, at the Faculty of Medicine, and in a number of educations at the Disciplinary Domain of Science and Technology. The department has a yearly turnover of around SEK 375 million, out of which more than half is made up of external funding. The staff amounts to approximately 340 employees, out of which 120 are PhD-students, and there are in total more than 600 affiliated people.
- Organizing and assisting with laboratory animal activities.
- Responsible for the rooms and equipment available within the facility.
- Responsible for own laboratory animal experiments.
- Daily care of the laboratory animals both with regard to animal health, legal aspects and administration.
- To take care of mating, weaning mice, ID labeling of mice and taking tissue samples.
- To handle the purchase of laboratory animals, import / export and transfer of models to / from other laboratories.
- To over see the mouse colony with regards to cage use, animal health and animal numbers.
- Transplanting tumors and injecting substances (including viruses and immune cells) for treatment.
- Master of Science degree in Molecular Medicine or equivalent.
- FELASA C certification.
- Experience in work with GMO, biosafety level II in laboratory animals.
Uppsala University values the qualities that even gender distribution and diversity add to the business. We therefore look forward to searching for all sexes and with different birth background, functionality and life experience.
Salary: According to individual qualifications
Start date: 2018-06-01 or according to agreement
Form of employment: general temporary employment until 2018-10-31 with the possibility of extension.
Extent of employment: 80%
For more information contact:
Magnus Essand,firstname.lastname@example.org , +46 18-471 4535
You are welcome to apply no later than April 25, 2018. UFV-PA 2018/1098.
We decline offers of recruitment and advertising help. We only accept the application the way described in the advertisement.
Placement: Department of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology
Type of employment: Part-time , Temporary position 3-6 months
Pay: Fixed pay
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 80%
County: Uppsala län
Ellena Papaioannou, Seko
Suzanne Borén Andersson, TCO/ST 018-471 6251
Per Sundman, Saco-rådet 018-471 1485
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2018/1098
Last application date: 2018-04-25