Postdoc in Immunology
Sort on published: 2018-05-24
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 42,000 students, 7,000 employees and a turnover of SEK 6.7 billion.
The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology is one of the most international, broad and distinguished departments in Europe. Research interests range all the way from genetics, molecules, cells up to whole organisms.
The advertised position is available in the group of Professor Sandra Kleinau in the Microbiology program. Kleinau leads a research group in immunology focusing on autoimmunity and immunotherapy.
We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher with excellent track record to identify and solve scientific problems. The employment is for 2 years, aiming to develop new treatments that help the body´s immune system to fight cancer or inhibit autoimmunity. General responsibilities include design, implement, and to interpret experiments, both independently and in collaboration, and communicate research and findings in a clear and concise manner.
- A PhD in immunology, cell biology or related field. The applicant’s Ph.D. degree should have been obtained no more than three years prior to the application date; periods of sick leave or parental leave are deduced from the three-year period.
- Experience of research within innate and adaptive immunity.
- Experience of mammalian cell culture of primary cells and cell lines.
- Experience with basic immunology assays such as immune cell isolation, multicolor flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, ELISA and ELISPOT.
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of how to use FlowJo, Prism, and Excel.
- Demonstrated scientific excellence; evidenced by publication track record as well as track record of presenting at national and international meetings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Additional qualifications desired
- Experience of cancer immunology, autoimmunity or inflammatory diseases.
- Ability to perform cell sorting, CFSE cell proliferation assays, FACS profiling assay, phagocytosis assay and antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) assay.
- Experience of molecular biology techniques including RNA seq. and gene editing.
The application should be written in English and include:
- Letter of motivation with a short description of your previous research and why you consider you are a good match for the position (1-2 pages).
- Curriculum vitae, including a description of relevant skills and experiences, as well as a full publication list.
- Copy of PhD diploma.
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to 2-3 reference persons.
Uppsala University strives to be an inclusive workplace that promotes equal opportunities and attracts qualified candidates who can contribute to the University’s excellence and diversity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people of all backgrounds.
Salary: Individually negotiated salary.
Starting date: as soon as posible or as otherwise agreed.
Type of position: Temporary part-time position (100%) of two years.
For further information about the position and scientific aspects of the application, please contactrofessor Sandra Kleinau, mail to: Sandra.Kleinau@icm.uu.se phone +46 (0)18 471 4061. For administrative queries, please contact HR-administrator Frida Nilsson mail to:email@example.com and for Departmental questions, contact the Department head David van der Spoel, mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by 15 June 2018, UFV-PA 2018/1877, Applications must be submitted as described in this advertisement.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? If so, you will find a lot of information about working and living in Sweden at www.uu.se/joinus. You are also welcome to contact International Faculty and Staff Services at email@example.com.
We decline offers of recruitment and advertising help. We only accept the application the way described in the advertisement.
Placement: Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position longer than 6 months
Pay: Fixed salary
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100%
County: Uppsala län
Ellena Papaioannou, Seko
Suzanne Borén Andersson, TCO/ST 018-471 6251
Per Sundman, Saco-rådet 018-471 1485
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2018/1877
Last application date: 2018-06-15