Why choose Uppsala University?
Uppsala University is an international research university focused on the development of science and education. Our most important assets are all the individuals that make Uppsala University one of the 100 best in the world.
At Uppsala University and in Uppsala you will find:
- A research environment of highest international class, building on global collaboration and connections. Uppsala University can provide you with the powerful tools you need to conduct cutting-edge research.
- A city full of life, with plenty to experience. You can move easily between beautiful natural surroundings, busy shopping streets, fascinating sights, exciting cultural treasures and entertaining events.
- A safe, healthy and clean local environment. Crime is low, the air and water is clean and most of our rubbish is recycled. Cycling is often the best way to get around, thanks to an extensive network of bicycle paths.
- High-quality schools and daycare for you to choose amongst, including a couple of international schools where lessons are given in English.
- Arlanda Airport is just 20 minutes away, making it quick and easy to travel abroad – even if you just want to go for the weekend.
- An open, inclusive and tolerant climate where everyone is welcome to just be who they are and do what they do.
Our Campus Gotland offers a truly unique academic environment:
- The historical and cultural setting of the medieval town Visby, one of UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites, encircled by a ring wall that dates back to the 12th century.
- The charm of a small-scale campus combined with the broad offerings of the full-scale university.
- Currently, 18 different departments and SWEDESD have activities at Campus Gotland.