We welcome students from Nepal!

We have over 4000 international students on campus studying for a PhD, a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or spending a semester here as exchange students.

In 2018 we had applications from 162 different countries. Since the nationality of our students is not registered in our systems we don’t know how many students from Nepal we currently have. However, we do know that in 2018 we had 55 applicants from Nepal for our Master’s programmes. 

Partners in Nepal

It is perfectly possible to make an application on your own but if you should want some assistance, you are welcome to contact our partner who will be happy to help you:

EastWest College of International Education

EastWest College of International Education have an office in Kathmandu and can assist you when applying to one of our Master’s or Bachelor’s programmes. Find out more about their services on their website or call/email their Admissions support:

Entry requirements into Master's programmes for students from Nepal

A 4-5 year Bachelor's degree is required for entry into Master's programmes.

There might be exceptions such as combinations of previous Bachelor's + Master's studies, but this is quite rare. Contact our partner listed above for advice in such cases.

Accepted universities

  • Tribhuvan University
  • Mahendra Sanskrit University
  • Kathmandu University
  • Purbanchal University
  • Pokhara University
  • B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Science

English requirements

The normal rules of TOEFL/IELTS and other internationally recognised test apply. See the University Admissions website for more details on internationally recognised tests.

Exceptions are graduates from:

  • Pokhara University
  • Kathmandu University

All instruction from these two universities is in English. Graduates of these two universities are not required to take an internationally recognised test such as TOEFL/IELTS.


  • Transcript of records.
  • Diploma, unless it is clearly stated on the transcript that a Degree is conferred/awarded.
  • Provisional transcript of records is accepted for students who still are waiting to get their diploma.
  • Character certificate is NOT accepted.

Make sure you read carefully through the country-specific information for Nepal given on www.universityadmissions.se: