Syllabus for Scientific Visualization
- 5.0 credits
- Course Code: 1TD389
- Education Cycle: Second cycle
- Main Field(s) of Study and In-Depth Level: Computer Science A1N Technology A1N Computational Science A1N
- Grading System: Fail (U), 3, 4, 5.
- Established: 2008-03-18
- Established by: Teknisk-naturvetenskapliga fakultetsnämnden
- Applies from: week 34, 2009
- Entry Requirements: 120 ECTS credits, where Computer programming I, Scientific computing 10 credits or the equivalent is included.
- To Current Course Syllabus (week 27, 2010)
- Syllabus Applies from: week 34, 2009
- Syllabus Applies from: week 34, 2008
To pass, the student should be able to
- describe the data flow in a visualization system;
- outline the methods that transform the data and information to visual representations;
- use and program advanced software for various visualization techniques.
Discrete models. Volume rendering: ray-tracing, splatting, texture based. Iso-surface reconstruction. Transformation of dicrete volume data to polygonal representations. Mesh topologies and mesh simplification. Visualization techniques. Visual aspects based on perception. Particle rendering. Algorithms for programmable graphics hardware. Applied visualization. The course includes projects such as programming in VTK (the Visualization Toolkit).
Lectures, laboratory work and compulsory assignments.
Written examination at the end of the course. Passed laboratory course and approved compulsory assignments are also required.
ITC, hus 1,2,4 Lägerhyddsv. 2
Box 337, 751 05 UPPSALA