Syllabus for Master Programme in Euroculture
Masterprogram i Euroculture
A later update of this programme syllabus has been published.
- 120 credits
- Programme code: HEC2M
- Established: 2010-11-19
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Theology
- Syllabus applies from: Autumn 2011
- Responsible faculty: Faculty of Theology
- Responsible department: Department of Theology
Academic degree of at least 120 Swedish credits (180 ECTS), as well as sufficient command of the English language are required for entrance to the program.
Decisions and Guidelines
The program is an Erasmus Mundus Masters Program in Euroculture as part of cooperation between the University in Deusto, Spain, University of Groningen, Holland, University of Göttingen, Germany, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech republic, as well as Uppsala University. Also associated are the Marc Bloch University, Strasbourg, France and University of Udine, Italy.
The degree programme is based in the Department of Theology.
The structure of the programme was agreed on 2010-11-19 by the board of the Faculty of Theology.
Layout of the Programme
The program is made up of the following courses.
First semester, 30 credits
1. EUROCULTURE: HISTORICAL, RELIGIOUS AND LINGUISTIC PERSPECTIVES, 12 credits
2. EUROCULTURE: LEGAL AND POLITICAL PERSPECTIVES, 12 credits
3. MINIPROJECT, 6 credits
Second semester, 30 credits*
4. RESEARCH SEMINAR, 10 credits
5. METHODOLOGY SEMINAR (INTENSIVE PROGRAMME PREPARATION), 10 credits
6. EUROCOMPETENCE, 5 credits
* During the second semester the students of the network will meet during ten days for seminars, discussions and workshops on a research paper written before the Intensive Programme. The participation is equivalent of 5 credits.
Third semester, 30 credits*
Within the programme two tracks can be distinguished:
A. A professional track containing vocational education and training.
B. A research-oriented track preparing students for doctoral (third cycle) studies (available by application only)
7. INTERNSHIP, 25 credits or RESEARCH SEMINAR, 25 credits
8. THESIS OUTLINE/PROPOSAL, 5 credits
Fourth semester, 30 credits
9. EUROCOMPETENCE III, 5 credits
10. MASTER THESIS (THESIS COMPLETION), 25 credits
The thesis will be initiated during the third semester, with a work-load equivalent to 5 credits
All students with a minimum first degree of three years of full-time study will, after completion of 120 credits/120 ECTS credits including a Master's Thesis, be provided with a Master's degree in Euroculture 120 ECTS credits, from Uppsala University. All students who have completed their second semester at another university within the network may apply for a double degree.
Exchanges studies second semester
The spring semester is spent at a host university chosen from among the other universities in the Euroculture network.
The program operates with the Swedish grading system as well as the ECTS grading scale.
Language of Instructions
The programme assumes qualified knowledge of English and all courses will be taught in English.