Syllabus for Master Programme in Euroculture
Masterprogram i Euroculture
A later update of this programme syllabus has been published.
- 120 credits
- Programme code: HEC2M
- Established: 2010-11-19
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Theology
- Revised: 2013-03-05
- Reg. no: 2013/12
- Syllabus applies from: Autumn 2013
- Responsible faculty: Faculty of Theology
- Responsible department: Department of Theology
Undergraduate academic degree of at least 180 credits in a field of relevance to the Euroculture program (generally humanities or social sciences). Proof of proficiency in English at a level corresponding to English B in the Swedish secondary school. This is normally attested by means of an internationally recognised test with the following minimum scores: TOEFL score of 580 points (old style), 92 points (new style); a score of 6.5 on IELTS (with no section below 5.5); or Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) C1.
Decisions and Guidelines
The program is an Erasmus Mundus Masters Program in Euroculture as part of cooperation between the University Deusto, Spain University of Groningen, Holland; University of Göttingen, Germany, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic, University Strasbourg, France;, as well as Uppsala University
The degree programme is based in the Department of Theology.
The structure of the programme was agreed on 2010-11-19 by the board of the Faculty of Theology.
Layout of the Programme
The program is made up of the following courses:
First semester, 30 credits
1. EUROCULTURE: LEGAL AND POLITICAL PERSPECTIVES, 12 credits
2. EUROCULTURE: HISTORICAL AND RELIGIOUS PERSPECTIVES, 13 credits
3. EUROCOMPETENCE I, 5 credits
Second semester, 30 credits*
4. RESEARCH SEMINAR, 10 credits
5. INTENSIVE PROGRAMME WITH METHODOLOGY SEMINAR, 10 credits
6. EUROCOMPETENCE II, 5 credits
7. INTENSIVE PROGRAMME, 5 credits
* During the summer following the second semester all students in the network will meet for a ten-day Intensive Programme including seminars, discussions, and the presentation of a shorter research paper. Successful participation earns 5 credits.
Third semester, 30 credits**
Within the programme two tracks can be distinguished:
A. A research-oriented track preparing for PhD-level (“third cycle”) study;
B. A professional track containing vocational education and training.
8. INTERNSHIP, 25 credits or RESEARCH TRACK, 25 credits
9. THESIS PREPARATION, (for the equivalent of 5 credits)
Fourth semester, 30 credits
10. EUROCOMPETENCE III, 5 credits
11. MASTER THESIS (THESIS COMPLETION), (equivalent to 25 credits)
**The thesis will be initiated during the third semester, with a work-load equivalent to 5 credits.
All students with a minimum first degree of three years of full-time study can, after completion of 120 credits/120 ECTS credits including a Master's Thesis, apply for a Master of Arts in Theology, with main area of studies in Euroculture, 120 ECTS credits, from Uppsala University. All students who have completed their second semester at another university within the network may apply for a double degree, or, when possible, a joint degree.
Exchanges studies second semester
The spring semester is spent at a host university chosen from among the other universities in the Euroculture network.
The program operates with the Swedish grading system as well as the ECTS grading scale.
Language of Instructions
The programme assumes qualified knowledge of English and all courses will be taught in English.