Happy 536th Birthday, Uppsala University!
Today 7 October it is 536 years since the teaching started at Uppsala University. This will be celebrated under festive forms with music, lectures and singing in the Grand Auditorium of the University Main Building.
The University’s anniversary will be celebrated with a ‘Blue Monday Special’. An anniversary concert featuring Uppsala University Jazz Orchestra, an ensemble from the Royal Academic Orchestra and Uppsala akademiska kammarkör. There will also be a talk about the Exercitia at Uppsala University. The celebrations will end with singing of the song ‘Till glädjen’.
- Uppsala akademiska kammarkör conducted by Stefan Parkman
- Uppsala University Jazz Orchestra led by Ulf Johansson Werre
- Ensemble from the Royal Academic Orchestra conducted by Stefan Karpe
- Ulric Andersson, organ
- Karin Ingebäck, soprano
- Adviser to the Vice-Chancellor on Culture, Britt-Inger Johansson
- Eva Åkesson, Vice-Chancellor of Uppsala University
Host: Stefan Parkman
When? 7 October, 16.45–17.45.
Where? The Grand Auditorium, the University Main Building.
Read more about the history of Uppsala University.