Press releases from Uppsala University
- Importance of citizens for building of a new nation brand 2012-10-29
- Male competition an evolutionary engine of genital evolution 2012-10-25
- Flycatchers’ genomes explain how one species became two 2012-10-24
- Migratory birds’ ticks can spread viral haemorrhagic fever 2012-10-22
- Discovery of gatekeeper nerve cells explains the effect of nicotine on learning and memory 2012-10-07
- Uppsala researchers looking for life outside our solar system 2012-10-05
- Disorder in protein interactions 2012-10-02
New DNA study shows humankind’s complex origins in Africa
The Khoe and San peoples in southern Africa play an important role for our understanding of the evolutionary history of humans. These peoples are d...
Fear can be erased from the brain
Newly formed emotional memories can be erased from the human brain. This is shown by researchers from Uppsala University in a new study now being p...
Participation in biobank research – a moral duty?
The potential value of biobank research is immense. But why should you contribute? In a doctoral thesis from Uppsala University, Joanna Stjernschan...
Cloned receptor paves way for new breast and prostate cancer treatment
Researchers at Uppsala University have cloned a T-cell receptor that binds to an antigen associated with prostate cancer and breast cancer. T cells...
A single gene has a major impact on gaits in horses and in mice
Researchers at Uppsala University, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences and their international collaborators have discovered a mutation in ...
- Disturbance during foetal period behind severe eye disease 2012-08-03
- Link found between environmental pollutants and stroke 2012-07-17
The number of armed conflicts increased strongly in 2011
Last year, the number of armed conflicts in the world increased markedly, with the strongest increase taking place in Sub-Saharan Africa. This is t...
How proteins find their way on chromosomes
A research team at Uppsala University has managed to clarify how proteins that regulate the activity of genes quickly find their way on chromosomes...
Important study on adrenal cortex cancer completed
Adrenocortical cancer is an uncommon form of cancer that is often fatal. For the first time, a large-scale randomized treatment study has now been ...
PCB can increase risk of abdominal fat
There is a correlation between high levels of the environmental toxin PCB and the distribution of body fat to the abdomen. This is shown in a new s...
Ultimate outsidership for undocumented in Sweden
Sweden is a well-functioning, secure, and efficient welfare country. But without a civic registration number, a person quickly winds up entirely ou...
Food supplementation in early pregnancy reduces infant mortality
The devastating role of maternal and child malnutrition is especially prominent in South Asia. In this week’s issue of JAMA researchers from Uppsal...