Office 365 Education
Since January 2017 all students at Uppsala University are offered an Office 365 Education account including Microsoft’s Office package, calendar and email service.
Office 365 Education
Office 365 Education is a collection of online and offline tools and services for students:
- Office 2016 a.k.a. Office Pro Plus is an "offline-version” of the Office package, which you can download to your computer (works for both Windows and Mac). This includes, but is not limited to: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Online versions of OneNote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Forms.
- Email, Calendar, Address book and Tasks.
- Sharepoint online with 1TB of OneDrive storage, Video, Delve and Newsfeed.
Not all available apps in Office 365 Education are activated in our environment.
Your account at Office 365 Education will expire when your student account is deactivated after you end your studies. If you have email and/or other data (documents, pictures etc) saved at Office 365 Education you will have to move it to another location before the closing date.
With your student account you get a personal email address where the university sends information about your studies. Since January 2017 all students at Uppsala University are offered an Office 365 Education account including Microsoft’s email service.
Your email is hosted by Outlook.com via Office 365 Education, where you receive an inbox with 50 GB of email space. Just visit https://outlook.com/student.uu.se using any device and log on with user ID @student.uu.se and your Password A.
You can also configure your e-mail in different ways. You can for example configure an autoreply or set up email forwarding if you want to keep using your old Gmail, Hotmail or other email services.
When you configure other email client you need to use the instructions for Exchange account settings. You cannot use the instructions for pop, imap or Outlook.com as these ways to connect are not supported in our Office 365 Education, even though you will find such instructions on Microsoft support web.
Get started with Office 365
To get started, please visit https://portal.office.com using any device and log on with your user ID @student.uu.ses and your Password A.
For support, please visit Microsoft’s help pages:
- Get started with Office 365
- Learn your way around Office 365
- Download and install Office on your PC or Mac
- Set up office apps and email on a mobile device (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)
- Outlook email setup
- Forward email to another email account
- Use rules in Outlook Web App to forward messages
For more information, please contact IT Servicedesk at email@example.com or 018-471 44 00.