Nobel lectures in Uppsala 13 December
It is a long-standing tradition for the newly awarded Nobel laureates to be invited to Uppsala University in connection with the Nobel Prize ceremonies in Stockholm. On 13 December, six of this year’s Nobel laureates will give lectures at Uppsala University. We look forward to seeing you there!
Every year in December, the newly awarded Nobel laureates are invited to Uppsala University. Their visiting programme includes a reception with the Vice-Chancellor and lunch at Uppsala Castle, but also the much appreciated public lectures given by the visiting laureates themselves.
The 2016 Nobel lectures at Uppsala University
Tuesday 13 December
Where: The Svedbergsalen, BMC
When: 10:00 (seats taken by 9:45)
- Prof. Sir Fraser Stoddart: Design and Synthesis of Molecular Machines based on the Mechanical Bond
- Prof. Jean-Pierre Sauvage: From Chemical Topology to Molecular Machines
- Prof. Bernard L. Feringa: Dynamic Molecular Systems, from switches to motors
Where: Hörsal 3, Ekonomikum
When: 10:15 (seats taken by 10:00)
- Prof. Oliver Hart: Incomplete Contracts and Control
- Prof. Bengt Holmström: The promise and perils of money markets
Where: Siegbahnsalen, Ångströmlaboratoriet
When: 10:30 (seats taken by 10:15)
- Prof. J. Michael Kosterlitz: Topological Defects and Phase Transitions
Get in touch with Project Manager Anna Liv Jonsson.