Step 4 - What happens after I have submitted my application and what is the selection process?
1. The International Office will confirm the receipt of your application 2-3 days after the application deadline. If you have not heard anything from us please check your spam folder. If you have not found a confirmation e-mail please contact email@example.com
2. If we have any questions regarding your application, the International Office will contact you within 1-2 weeks after the deadline via e-mail. Please have a habit of checking your email regularly during this time.
3. The result of the application will be announced via email 3-4 weeks after the application deadline. Students who have been offered an exchange place need to actively accept or decline the offer within the given time frame, otherwise the exchange place will be offered to the next student.
4. Students who have accepted their offers will be nominated by their international coordinator to the host university.
5. Controls that applicants meet the required number of credits with a passing grade and that tuition fees have been paid to Uppsala University are made in January and June.
How does the selection process work?
We evaluate applications based on two criteria
1. Grades (50 %)
We add all your credits from Swedish universities, from courses in which you have achieved the highest grade.
- 16 % of the applicants with the least number of credits with the highest grades receives 1 point.
- 34 % of the applicants with the second least number of credits with the highest grades receives 2 points.
- 34 % of the applicants with the second highest number of credits with the highest grades receives 3 points.
- 16 % of the applicants with the highest number of credits with the highest grades receives 4 point.
If the applicants differ from a normal distribution bell curve adjusted percentage rates may be applied.
Applicants who are studying in programs in which grades are only awarded at a pass/fail grade will receive double the score from their Academic Purpose Statement instead.
2. Academic Purpose Statement (50 %)
The score on your APS is based on how well you have motivated your selection of countries, universities, courses and their impact on your future studies and career.
Points are awarded accordingly
1 point – APS is submitted but carries very little relevance for exchange studies
2 points – Purpose is weak and/or deficient
3 points – Purpose is clear and carries some academic/professional merit
4. Points – Exceptionally well motivated purpose with strong academic/professional relevance.
Additional credits is awarded / deducted in the following circumstances
- Students who are studying in an underrepresented field of study at Uppsala University in the relevant application round receive +0,1 points.
- Students who have submitted certificates indicating their participation in welcoming programs for new students receive + 0,1 points.
- Students who have already been on an exchange through Uppsala University will have a deduction of - 0,1 points.
NEW! Starting with the application round in October/November 2017, students with valid certificates of being a studentrepresentative in certain central committees and councils, faculty boards or disciplinary domains or has had one of the selected nationposts is rewarded with + 0,2 points in the application. Please read the decision and see the full list here.
In case of equal score one of the following methods will be used to determine the selection