Rules for the Alumnus of the Year award
Who can nominate for the Alumnus of the Year award?
Nominations can be made by anyone with a connection to Uppsala University: students, employees, alumni and friends.
Who is eligible for the Alumnus of the Year award?
The following criteria are to be the basis for the nomination:
- The alumnus shall be a good role model for current and future students.
- The alumnus shall have excelled in their career, made valuable contribution following the completion of their studies or otherwise have achieved something of note. A valuable contribution may be, for example, research and education of the highest quality, an important cultural achievement, an active role in society, stimulated development and innovation or in some other way have contributed to making the world a better place.
- The alumnus shall normally have studied at Uppsala University for at least four semesters.
- It is of merit if the alumnus has been well connected to University operations or Uppsala student life.
Who selects the winner of the Alumnus of the Year award?
The decision of who is to receive the award is made by the Vice-Chancellor, after suggestions from the preparatory group which consists of:
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (chair)
- One representative from each of the three disciplinary domains (3)
- The Director of Communications
- The Director of the Development Office
- A representative of Uppsala University alumni associations
- A representative of the Student Union
- A representative of Kuratorskonventet
- The Alumni Coordinator (secretary)