The Alva Myrdal Centre for Nuclear Disarmament
In an increasingly uncertain world, the risk of nuclear weapons being used is greater than it has been for a long time. The Alva Myrdal Centre for Nuclear Disarmament (AMC) was established in 2021 at Uppsala University, Sweden, to provide teaching, research, and policy support on nuclear disarmament.
Our researchers in media
Education at the Centre
Research at the Alva Myrdal Centre
PhD students and guest researchers will be hosted at AMC. Another of the centre’s functions is to coordinate working groups, jointly with international researchers, for interdisciplinary research on different aspects of nuclear disarmament.
Our working groups
- Working group 1: Negotiating Nuclear Disarmament
- Working group 2: International Measures for Compliance to Nuclear Disarmament Regimes
- Working group 3: Data on Nuclear Rivalries, Negotiations, and Agreements
- Working group 4: Technical Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Safeguards
- Working group 5: Nuclear Disarmament in Policy and International Law
- Working group 6: Nuclear Disarmament and Non-Proliferation
Last modified: 2023-05-02