Research at the Alva Myrdal Centre
The research function of the centre is coordinated in working groups, jointly with international researchers, for interdisciplinary research on different aspects of nuclear disarmament.
Our working groups
- Working group 1: Negotiating Nuclear Disarmament
- Working group 2: International Measures for Compliance to Nuclear Disarmament Regimes
- Working group 3: Data on Nuclear Rivalries, Negotiations, and Agreements
- Working group 4: Technical Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Safeguards
- Working group 5: Nuclear Disarmament in Policy and International Law
- Working group 6: Nuclear Disarmament and Non-Proliferation
The Alva Myrdal Centre for Nuclear Disarmament
The Alva Myrdal Centre for Nuclear Disarmament (AMC) is named after Alva Myrdal (1902–86) who was born in Uppsala and later studied at Uppsala University.
Alva Myrdal became an internationally recognized disarmament negotiator and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1982 for her efforts.