Post-doctoral position in Psychology
Sort on published: 2018-02-15
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 42,000 students, 7,000 employees and a turnover of SEK 6.7 billion.
The position is affiliated to the Child and Baby Lab (www.babylab.se) at the department of psychology. The lab includes some 30 researchers and PhD-students that investigate children’s motor, cognitive, and socio emotional development, both experimentally and through individual differences. The Child and Baby Lab has a strong international focus and has been rated as a world-leading lab on numerous occasions (KOF-07 and KOF-11).
We are looking for a motivated postdoc to work in a project studying numerical abilities in infants and how these abilities influence the possibility to learn mathematics later in life. The project includes a longitudinal study where we follow children from 8 months of age to the early preschool years. The position involves, in collaboration with other project members, planning and completion of studies within the larger project and writing up the results for publication in scientific journals as well as for presentation on international conferences. Administration and teaching (max 20%) might also be included.
- PhD in psychology (preferably developmental psychology) or similar subject completed less than three years before the application deadline.
- Documented experience with methods in experimental psychology.
- Experience with own research within the broader field of numerical cognition and specifically in the field of children’s development of numerical abilities.
- Experience with research with infants and methods such as eye tracking and EEG.
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English.
- Programing knowledge and experience of using R, MATLAB or Python for statistical analysis and data collection.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience of project management.
The application should contain the following:
- Doctoral degree certificate.
- Statement of research interests and experience (max 3 pages)
- CV including list of relevant publications.
- Recommendation letters and/or contact information for at least three references.
Uppsala University strives to be an inclusive workplace that promotes equal opportunities and attracts qualified candidates who can contribute to the University’s excellence and diversity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people of all backgrounds.
Starting date: March 15th or as agreed upon.
For further information about the position, please contact Associate professor Marcus Lindskog (firstname.lastname@example.org, 018-4712104, 072-99 99 169).
Welcome to submit your application no later than March 1, 2018. UFV-PA 2018/217.
We decline offers of recruitment and advertising help. We only accept the application the way described in the advertisement.
Placement: Department of Psychology
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position longer than 6 months
Pay: Fixed salary
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100 %
County: Uppsala län
Per Sundman, Saco-rådet
Suzanne Borén Andersson, TCO/ST 018-471 6251
Ellena Papaioannou, Seko 018-471 3315
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2018/217
Last application date: 2018-03-01