Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 44.000 students, 7.100 employees and a turnover of SEK 7 billion.
ReAct (www.reactgroup.org) is an international network dedicated to the challenge of antibiotic resistance. ReAct was founded in 2005 and is currently active on five continents, working to increase knowledge about the problem and to identify both political and technical solutions. ReAct works with a wide range of stakeholders, including international organizations, governments and civil society organizations to limit the negative consequences of antibiotic resistance.
ReAct Europe is a part of Uppsala University and is now looking for a Project Coordinator. The position is based in Uppsala, but work includes collaborative projects with international organizations and ReAct network nodes in the USA, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The ReAct project coordinator helps to oversee planning, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of ReAct’s projects globally. This position also provides support to ReAct’s policy and advocacy work and strategic planning.
- Provide an overview and help with planning, implementation, reporting and evaluation of projects aligned with ReAct's Results Framework.
- Capacity building in results-based monitoring and evaluation of ReAct's project management, norms for reporting on both short-term and long-term results in relation to outcome indicators.
- Maintain effective cross-nodal communications including the convening of global call discussions on various strategy topics, policy issues as well as new project ideas and funding opportunities.
- Responsible for project monitoring and quarterly follow-ups. Bring issues, such as delays or deviations from the work plan or budget to the attention of ReAct’s leadership. Suggest actionable recommendations on how cross-nodal project management could be strengthened.
- Follow the international policy debate on antibiotic resistance and conduct analysis of relevant policy documents and produce position papers for ReAct. Support the development of policy and advocacy work together with ReAct’s policy team and regional nodes.
- Build on ongoing analysis, explore funding options, develop engagement strategies and continue advocacy efforts towards broader international aid and financing communities for sustainable financing to address antibiotic resistance.
- Represent ReAct at meetings or conferences and drive ReAct’s positions towards governments, governmental agencies, civil society organizations, professional societies and media. Promote collaborations within the network, with other organizations and partners within and outside the region.
- Academic degree of at least Master, in global health, development studies, international relations or other relevant field of study
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of monitoring and evaluation, results-based management, team coordination, project management and reporting
- High-level proficiency in English (both oral and written)
- Excellent cultural understanding and experience working in a multicultural network and with actors based in low- and middle-income countries
- Ability to work in a decentralized team
- Flexibility and capability to function independently and with periodically short deadlines
- Possibility and interest in duty travel
- Experience from work on antibiotic resistance and understanding of the current policy debate and stakeholders in the field.
- Knowledge about the UN system, development financing and the sustainable development goals
- International experience, especially from low- and middle-income countries and from UN agencies or international civil society organizations
- Experience of advocacy towards policymakers, multilateral organizations and/or civil society engagement and mobilization
Uppsala University strives to be an inclusive workplace that promotes equal opportunities and attracts qualified candidates who can contribute to the University’s excellence and diversity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people of all backgrounds.
Salary: Individual salary.
Starting date: Autumn 2019.
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services. Applications must be submitted as described in this advertisement.
Placement: Department of Medical Sciences
Type of employment: Full time , Permanent position
Pay: Individual salary.
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100 %
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2019/2215
Last application date: 2019-07-04
HR Excellence in Research
The HR Excellence in Research logo is a seal of quality that lets you know Uppsala University is committed to implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
As an employee at Uppsala University, you receive a number of great benefits. Here we have listed the most important ones.