Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highest quality and relevance to make a long-term difference in society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has over 45,000 students, more than 7,000 employees and a turnover of around SEK 7 billion.
The Department of Peace and Conflict Research was established in 1971 to conduct peace research and offer courses in peace and conflict studies. Currently approx. 85 persons are employed at the Department and at present some 300-400 students are enrolled every academic year. Courses offered include undergraduate and post-graduate courses, as well as a Ph. D. programme. For more information, visit www.pcr.uu.se.
The Department of Peace and Conflict Research and the project "What are they fighting for? Conflict issues and the resolution of civil war" (project leader: Johan Brosché) are looking for one Research Assistant for a time-limited employment of 2 months (fulltime/100%).
- Collection and analysis of quantitative data
- Review of secondary literature
- Writing, editing, and formatting research texts
- Preparation of drafts of research articles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Peace and Conflict Research or equivalent topic
- Good knowledge of scientific methods
- Experience of quantitative data collection
- Ability to independently analyze data and to develop scientific texts on a scientific basis
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Great emphasis will be placed on personal suitability.
- Master's degree in Peace and Conflict Research or equivalent topic (or ongoing degree to be finished before the start of the employment)
- Previous practical experience in quantitative data collection projects of a similar nature
- Good knowledge of relevant languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic or other deemed relevant.
About the employment
The employment is a: temporary position (2 months). Scope of employment: 100 %. Starting date as agreed. Placement: Uppsala.
For further information about the position, please contact: email@example.com.
Please submit your application by 10 December 2021, UFV-PA 2021/4552.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? Find out more about what it´s like to work and live in Sweden.
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services.
Submit your application through Uppsala University's recruitment system.
Placement: Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position shorter than 3 months
Pay: individuell lön
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100%
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2021/4552
Last application date: 2021-12-10
HR Excellence in Research
The HR Excellence in Research logo is a seal of quality that lets you know Uppsala University is committed to implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
As an employee at Uppsala University, you receive a number of great benefits. Here we have listed the most important ones.