Lecturer in Information Technology
The deadline for applying to this position has passed.
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highest quality and relevance to make a long-term difference in society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has over 45,000 students, more than 7,000 employees and a turnover of around SEK 7 billion.
The Department of Information Technology has approximately 350 employees and 4000 students per year and provides education and research of the highest international quality in Computer Science and its sub-disciplines. The strong focus on research impacts provides an excellent foundation for undergraduate education at the department. The department also hosts several interdisciplinary research groups, and the department supports initiatives in the areas of equal opportunities and equality. Research is organized in five divisions. For more information, see www.it.uu.se.
Description of subject area of the employment: The subject area of the employment is information technology.
- Teaching and administration. Teaching duties include course responsibility, course administration and thesis reviewing. The courses for which we are looking for a time-limited assistant professor are the following:
- 1DL251 Software Engineering and Project Management, 1DL311 Semantics of Programming Languages, 1DL601 Maintenance Programming, 1DL541 Language Abstractions for Concurrent and Parallel Programming, 1DT072 Secure Computer Systems I, and thesis reviewing in the areas of concurrent and parallel programming, distributed software engineering and computer security (2022-02-01 – 2023-01-31, 100% full-time)
- Follow developments within the subject area and the development of society in general that is important for the work at the university.
- Higher-education degree including subject specialization in computer science, computational science or information technology.
- Teaching Expertise. It is necessary that the pedagogical skills and subject specialization are relevant to the content of the employment and the tasks that will be included in the employment.
- Applicants also must have completed teacher training of relevance to operations at the University, comprising ten weeks, or have acquired the equivalent knowledge. If special circumstances apply, this training for teachers in higher education may be completed during the first year of employment.
- Documented ability to teach in Swedish or English is a requirement unless special reasons prevail.
- Personal capabilities necessary to carry out fully the duties of the appointment.
Assessment Criteria/Ranking of applicants that fulfil the above-mentioned qualifications required:
The ranking of eligible applicants will be based primarily on subject specialization and teaching expertise of which weight will be primarily given to teaching expertise.
Subject Specialization may refer to in- depth study of the subject, for example a PhD, will be afforded consideration. In addition to academic qualifications, experience from other activities, including technology development, may also be taken into account.
Teaching Expertise comprises educational and teaching qualifications. This expertise can have been achieved outside the academy through supervision, internal training, mentoring programs, etc. In assessing teaching expertise teaching quality must be the prime consideration. The scope of teaching experience, in terms of both breadth and depth, must also be afforded consideration. In assessing teaching expertise special weight will be attached to merits in programming.
Furthermore, consideration must be given to the capacity to plan, initiate, lead, and develop teaching and instruction, as well as the ability to connect research to teaching in respect to research in the subject at hand, subject didactics, as well as teaching and learning in higher education. The ability to interact concerning issues of teaching and learning in higher education with actors inside and outside the University is also included in teaching expertise.
Administrative Expertise is important for the employment and will be given consideration. Administrative expertise is demonstrated, for example, through the capacity to plan, organise, and prioritise work in an efficient and task-related manner as well as through the ability to assign and observe time frames. Expertise includes overall operational planning and the capacity to manage resources in a way that reflects operational priorities as well as the ability to work in a structured manner based on an awareness of goals and quality. Administrative expertise also includes entrepreneurship.
All merits must be documented in a manner that makes it possible to assess both quality and scope.
In filling this position the university aims to appoint the applicant who, following a qualitative holistic assessment of her/his competence and expertise, is judged to have the best potential to carry out and develop the relevant duties and to help advance operations.
Further information: In an overall assessment of the applicant’s qualifications, parental leave, part-time work relating to care of children, union assignments, military service, or the like are to be regarded as work experience.
Salary: Individually negotiated salary.
Starting date: 2022-02-01 (or later).
Form of employment: Fixed-term employment until 2023-01-31.
Scope of the position: 100%
For further information about the position, please contact: Tobias Wrigstad (professor, GU-prefekt, 0736-971419, email@example.com).
Please submit your application by 2022-01-24, UFV-PA 2021/5132.
If you are an international candidate, you will find a lot of information about working and living in Sweden at www.uu.se/joinus.
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services.
Submit your application through Uppsala University's recruitment system.
Placement: Department of Information Technology
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position longer than 6 months
Pay: Fixed salary
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100%
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2021/5132
Last application date: 2022-01-24
HR Excellence in Research
The HR Excellence in Research logo is a seal of quality that lets you know Uppsala University is committed to implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
As an employee at Uppsala University, you receive a number of great benefits. Here we have listed the most important ones.