Research assistants, Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highest quality and relevance to make a long-term difference in society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has over 54,000 students, more than 7,500 employees and a turnover of around SEK 8 billion.
The Department of Peace and Conflict Research was established in 1971 to conduct peace research and offer courses in peace and conflict studies. Currently approx. 85 persons are employed at the Department and at present some 300-400 students are enrolled every academic year. Courses offered include undergraduate and post-graduate courses, as well as a Ph. D. programme. For more information, visit www.pcr.uu.se.
The Department of Peace and Conflict Research and the ERC-financed project “Variation in Oversight of Police Misconduct, seeks seeks to hire up to a total of 17 research assistants during the course of 2022. Research assistants will be responsible for data collection on 1 or more countries. The length of employment depends on the number of countries assigned, as well as the scope of employment (full-time or 50%).
- Data collection on police misconduct oversight institutions in 1 or more countries
- Write summaries of police misconduct oversight institutions
- Preparation of draft policy briefs.
- 120 points in university studies
- Fluency in English and
- Native speaker (excellent proficiency in reading, writing and speaking) in 1 or more of the following languages: German, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish. Note that fluency in Swedish does not entail fluency in Danish or Norwegian
- Basic word processing and Excel skills
- Attention to detail and exactness, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience with extensive data collection
- Degree (Bachelor or Master) in Peace and Conflict studies or a related field
- Experience writing advanced texts in English.
For this position, we will carefully consider personal suitability. Please note that all research assistants must be based in Sweden, we do not accommodate working remotely.
Please include the following in your application;
(1) your CV - state your language qualifications clearly
(2) a brief cover letter (max 1 A4-page) describing your qualifications and suitability for the position
(3) a writing sample in English (max one page)
(4) two references.
About the employment
The employment is a temporary position (2 months full-time (100%), or 4 months part-time (50%) per number of countries assigned). Scope of employment; full-time (100%), or part time (50%). Starting; 1 August 2022, or as agreed. Placement: Uppsala.
For further information about the position, please contact: Sophia Hatz, Department of Peace and Conflict Research: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by 1 June 2022, UFV-PA 2022/1219.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? Find out more about what it´s like to work and live in Sweden.
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services.
Submit your application through Uppsala University's recruitment system.
Placement: Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Type of employment: Full-time/Part-time , Temporary position 3-6 months
Pay: Individual salary
Number of positions: 17
Working hours: 50-100%
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2022/1219
Last application date: 2022-06-01
HR Excellence in Research
The HR Excellence in Research logo is a seal of quality that lets you know Uppsala University is committed to implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
As an employee at Uppsala University, you receive a number of great benefits. Here we have listed the most important ones.