Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highest quality and relevance to make a long-term difference in society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has over 54,000 students, more than 7,500 employees and a turnover of around SEK 8 billion.
The Department of Sociology at Uppsala University is the oldest of its kind in Sweden. Its main subjects are Sociology and Social psychology. Undergraduate education is also offered in Sociology with Orientation towards Work, Organization and Human Resource Management, and Social work. Research questions in areas like work, children, economics, gender, disability, self conceptualisations, networking, fashion, organization, urban life, sexuality, technology or aging are studied at the department.
The position includes research in sociology of emotions and criminology. The duties include conducting research within three research projects with a focus on the judiciary, legal actors and emotions. The projects are now announcing a position as a researcher with placement at the Department of Sociology, Uppsala University. You need to have received granted funding within one of the projects, as the research position is largely financed by external funds. As a researcher, you are part of different research groups and you, together with other researchers, will collect and analyze empirical, mainly qualitative data, such as interviews and observations. The duties include managing project administration and running the research project. Some teaching may be included in the service.
- PhD in sociology, criminology or other social sciences
- Experience of being granted funding for research in victimological research in competition with others
- Previously conducted research on law and emotions and intimate partner violence.
- Documented, good ability to express and write in both Swedish and English, and to analyze data in both languages.
- Previous experience of working with qualitative and sensitive data. Experienced in different databases with different levels of confidentiality.
- Previous experience of working within projects with focus on emotions in court.
- Previous experience of writing research applications, and both in group and independently develop the research project.
We will place great emphasis on personal suitability. Consideration will also be given to good collaborative skills, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen the work within the research project, as well as contribute to its future development.
- Previous work experience in research and development within the criminal justice system and the criminal policy area
- Training in project management
About the employment
The employment is a temporary position, 12 months. Scope of employment 100 %. Starting date 2023-04-01 or as agreed. Placement: Uppsala
For further information about the position, please contact: Stina Bergman Blix: email@example.com, Fredrik Palm 0184715193.
Please submit your application by 6 February 2023, UFV-PA 2023/256.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? Find out more about what it´s like to work and live in Sweden.
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services.
Submit your application through Uppsala University's recruitment system.
Placement: Department of Sociology
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position 3-6 months
Pay: Individual salary
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100%
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2023/256
Last application date: 2023-02-06
HR Excellence in Research
The HR Excellence in Research logo is a seal of quality that lets you know Uppsala University is committed to implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
As an employee at Uppsala University, you receive a number of great benefits. Here we have listed the most important ones.