Plan your stay
Uppsala University wants to give you the best support possible with the many practicalities concerning you and your family during your stay. Below you will find what you need to plan and prepare, and things you need to do when you arrive. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty and Staff Services.
Before you arrive in Sweden:
- Sort out passports, visas and work permits
- Read up on medical and health insurance
- Find accommodation
- Apply for child care and schools
- Important information for your first salary payment
When you arrive:
- Register with the Tax Agency
- Learn about taxation
- Register with the Social Insurance Agency
- Open a bank account
- Take out home insurance and injury insurance
Other useful information for your stay:
Events for newcomers
Uppsala University’s International Faculty and Staff Services organise a range of activities for international guests and their spouses. Some events are held jointly with other companies and organisations around Uppsala. The University offers introduction seminars, information meetings, Swedish courses, social activities, guided tours and the Vice-Chancellor’s reception.
You can find our entire programme in our IFSS Group. Please note that you must log in to view this content.