Why choose Uppsala University?
Uppsala University is an international research university focused on the development of science and education. Our most important assets are all the individuals that make Uppsala University one of the 100 best in the world.
At Uppsala University and in Uppsala you will find:
- The Best Climate City in the World
Uppsala Municipality is 2018’s global winner in WWF:s international One Planet City Challenge! Uppsala were rewarded thanks to the cross-sector sustainability interventions and a strong focus on sustainable mobility solutions.
- A research environment of highest international class, building on global collaboration and connections. Uppsala University can provide you with the powerful tools you need to conduct cutting-edge research.
- A city full of life, with plenty to experience. You can move easily between beautiful natural surroundings, busy shopping streets, fascinating sights, exciting cultural treasures and entertaining events.
- A safe, healthy and clean local environment. Crime is low, the air and water is clean and most of our rubbish is recycled. Cycling is often the best way to get around, thanks to an extensive network of bicycle paths.
- High-quality schools and daycare for you to choose amongst, including a couple of international schools where lessons are given in English.
- Arlanda Airport is just 20 minutes away, making it quick and easy to travel abroad – even if you just want to go for the weekend.
- An open, inclusive and tolerant climate where everyone is welcome to just be who they are and do what they do.
Events for newcomers
Uppsala University’s International Faculty and Staff Services organize a welcome reception for new international employees. The university collaborates with Uppsala International Hub, who organize a range of activities for international guests and their spouses. They offer information meetings, social activities and guided tours.
When you arrive at Uppsala University we would be happy see you join our group for international employees in the University’s staff portal, "Medarbetarportalen". Here we will post about coming activities and events which will help you get to know your new surroundings and other international employees.”
Our Campus Gotland offers a truly unique academic environment:
- The historical and cultural setting of the medieval town Visby, one of UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites, encircled by a ring wall that dates back to the 12th century.
- The charm of a small-scale campus combined with the broad offerings of the full-scale university.
- Currently, 18 different departments and SWEDESD have activities at Campus Gotland.
HR Excellence in Research
The HR Excellence in Research logo is a seal of quality that lets you know Uppsala University is committed to implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
More about Uppsala University’s work with the EU Charter and Code
One way to ensure that your research findings are put to good use in society is to transform them into a new service, product or method. UU Innovation can help you along the way and move your project forward through idea and innovation development, financial support and expert knowledge about agreements and how to protect your idea. UU Innovation welcomes all researchers at Uppsala University, regardless of their discipline. You also do not need to have a complete plan for your project. Obviously, all innovation advice is free and confidential.
For innovation support matters, please contact UU Innovation.
Teachers’ Exemption – a huge incentive to innovate
Uppsala University do not claim any rights in your research results. Research results are owned by the researchers producing them. You can utilize, sell or exploit your own results as you see fit. The conditions for research-based innovation and new startups are therefore excellent.
Quality assurance and enhancement
With the goal to safeguard, strengthen and advance the academic culture and its foundations, Uppsala University continuously works with evaluation, leadership development and developing a stimulating learning environment.
Uppsala University has a wide range of teacher training, leadership training and other activities for employees.