Syllabus for Literature Project in Biology
Bibliografiskt projekt i biologi
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1BG229
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Explanation of codes
The code indicates the education cycle and in-depth level of the course in relation to other courses within the same main field of study according to the requirements for general degrees:
- G1N: has only upper-secondary level entry requirements
- G1F: has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G1E: contains specially designed degree project for Higher Education Diploma
- G2F: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G2E: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements, contains degree project for Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
- GXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- A1N: has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1F: has second-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (60 credits)
- A2E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (120 credits)
- AXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2014-03-13
- Established by:
- Revised: 2018-08-30
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2019
Biology, 80 credits equivalent basic course in biology within the Bachelor programme in biology and Floristics and faunistics 7.5 credits.
- Responsible department: Biology Education Centre
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- search, evaluate and compile relevant scientific literature within a chosen research field.
- with correct language present the scientific compilation in writing.
An independent overview and compilation of scientific literature within a chosen research field through literature search in databases and libraries.
The course is given in the form of individual supervision.
Written presentation of the literature project.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
Applies from: Autumn 2019
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.