Syllabus for Literature Project in Applied Biotechnology
Bibliografiskt projekt i tillämpad bioteknik
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1BG356
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Applied Biotechnology A1F
Explanation of codes
The code indicates the education cycle and in-depth level of the course in relation to other courses within the same main field of study according to the requirements for general degrees:
- G1N: has only upper-secondary level entry requirements
- G1F: has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G1E: contains specially designed degree project for Higher Education Diploma
- G2F: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G2E: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements, contains degree project for Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
- GXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- A1N: has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1F: has second-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (60 credits)
- A2E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (120 credits)
- AXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2008-03-13
- Established by:
- Revised: 2020-09-23
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2021
120 credits. Participation in Trends in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology 15 credits. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Biology Education Centre
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- show deep knowledge within a self-chosen part of applied biotechnology.
- be able to search, evaluate and compile scientific publications within a chosen research field.
- with correct language in writing present the scientific compilation.
An independent overview and compilation of scientific literature within a chosen research field through databases and libraries. The work is carried out guided by a supervisor in close connection with ongoing research or development projects.
To achieve the aims, the student should:
- under supervision delimit a scientific problem, investigate this theoretically through literature searches and present the work orally and in writing
The course is given in the form of individual supervision.
For a pass mark, a passed written presentation is required by the literature project.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
Applies from: Autumn 2021
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.