Syllabus for Project Work in Geophysics
Projektarbete i geofysik
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 15 credits
- Course code: 1GE034
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Earth Science A1F
Explanation of codes
The code indicates the education cycle and in-depth level of the course in relation to other courses within the same main field of study according to the requirements for general degrees:
- G1N: has only upper-secondary level entry requirements
- G1F: has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G1E: contains specially designed degree project for Higher Education Diploma
- G2F: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G2E: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements, contains degree project for Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
- GXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- A1N: has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1F: has second-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (60 credits)
- A2E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (120 credits)
- AXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2012-03-08
- Established by:
- Revised: 2018-08-30
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2019
120 credits including 30 credits in geophysics at Master's level. Admission requires a project plan accepted by the department.
- Responsible department: Department of Earth Sciences
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- combine the knowledge from various areas of geophysics in order to construct and evaluate experimental measurements and/or theoretical calculations/simulations.
- report on the results in written and oral form.
The content is defined together with the program coordinator and program advisor to promote further studies within a particular specialisation of the Master programme in Physics.
Self studies and a project work.
Written and oral examination of the project.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Autumn 2022)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2012)
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.