Syllabus for Wireless Communication and Networked Embedded Systems
Trådlös kommunikation och inbyggda system
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1DT095
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Computer Science A1F,
Embedded Systems A1F
Explanation of codes
The code indicates the education cycle and in-depth level of the course in relation to other courses within the same main field of study according to the requirements for general degrees:
- G1N: has only upper-secondary level entry requirements
- G1F: has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G1E: contains specially designed degree project for Higher Education Diploma
- G2F: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G2E: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements, contains degree project for Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
- GXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- A1N: has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1F: has second-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (60 credits)
- A2E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (120 credits)
- AXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2014-03-13
- Established by:
- Revised: 2021-02-10
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2021
120 credits including 90 credits in computer science and mathematics with Computer Networks I and Real Time Systems or the equivalent. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Department of Information Technology
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- use suitable principles and standards (e.g. IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee) in design and evaluation of sensor networks and wireless communication protocols for small digital transmitters.
- demonstrate an ability to read, critically evaluate, analyse and present (verbally or in written form) the content and implications of research articles in the area.
Programming of embedded systems on exemples of sensor nodes, distributed algorithms, radio communication (propagation and modulation), energy efficiency, communication protocols for wireless systems.
Lectures, seminars, and labs.
Written exam. Written and oral examination of labs.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
Wireless communication and embedded systems, 10 credits (1DT103) can not be counted towards graduation together with this course.
Applies from: Autumn 2021
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Kurose, James F.;
Ross, Keith W.
Computer networking : a top-down approach
5th ed., international ed.: Boston, Mass.: Pearson, cop. 2010