Syllabus for Experimental Immunology, Genetics and Pathology
Experimentell immunologi, genetik och patologi
- 15 credits
- Course code: 3MG015
- Education cycle: First cycle
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2011-03-01
- Established by: The Educational Board of Medicine/Chair
- Revised: 2023-01-17
- Revised by: The Educational Board of Medicine
- Applies from: Spring 2023
At least 60 credits in medicine, biomedicine, biomedical laboratory science, pharmacy, biology or equivalent education.
- Responsible department: Department of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology
On completion of the course, the student is expected to be able to
Knowledge and understanding
- describe the theoretical background of the project and the different methods to tackle a medical issue within the the field of study.
- scientifically describe a medical issue within the field of study
Skills and abilities
- plan and carry out experimental studies within the subject
- analyse and compile obtained results in a scientific manner
- present the obtained results orally in a structured way in correct scientific language
Evaluation skills and attitudes
- demonstrate an ethical and reflective scientific approach
The course is an in-depth studywithin the main subject medical science The student will perform an experimental study within ongoing research in a research group at the Department under individual supervision. The course intends to provide the student with practical and theoretical knowledge in the chosen subject area. By studying literature assigned by the supervisor, the student will obtain an understanding of the theoretical background of the project.
The teaching consists of practical laboratory supervision, self-studies, theoretical discussions and seminars relevant to the subject of the project assigned by the supervisor. The course can be given in English.
A passing grade requires passed oral presentation within a seminar in the research group. The grade is given by the examiner after consultation with the supervisor.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the University's disability coordinator.
The course can be conducted as part-time studies and with variable start in agreement with the supervisor.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Spring 2023)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2017)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2011)
Applies from: Spring 2023
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Literature consists of scientific articles of relevance to the research topic, assigned by the supervisor.