For the international admission round, most Master's programmes require you to apply through the national applications system run by University Admissions in Sweden, www.universityadmissions.se. It is only possible to submit an application during the two official admission rounds.
Follow this step-by-step guide to ensure you submit a complete application.
Step 1: find your Master's programme
Check the list of Master's programmes on our website to find the Master's programme you would like to study!
Step 2: Apply online
- Check you meet the general entry requirements for all Master's programmes.
- Check you meet the programme-specific entry requirements. To check the specific requirements, click on the Master's programme you are interested in and read the information under the section “Application and Requirements”.
- Start your application: create an account on the www.universityadmissions.se.
- Rank your programme choices in order of preference and submit them before the application deadline.
How your rank your programme choices is very important. Read how to rank your preferences.
Step 3: submit your documents
- Read about how to document your eligibility and how to submit your supporting documents at universityadmissions.se.
- There are a number of country-specific rules for submitting academic documents. Check the information specific to your country.
- Prepare and submit your supporting documents: official transcripts, diploma or proof of expected graduation, passport and proof of English proficiency.
- Prepare and submit your programme-specific supporting documents (such as statement of purpose, CV, letters of recommendation). To find out which programme-specific documents you need to submit for a particular programme, view the section “Admissions” on each Master's programme webpage.
Don't miss the deadline!
If you do not submit all of your supporting documents in time your application will be considered late and will make you ineligible for scholarships.
Step 4: pay the application fee
Applying to courses within a programme
If you are a current student in a Master's programme at Uppsala University, you may be required to apply for courses through www.universityadmissions.se. Your programme coordinator will inform you about the process for applying for courses within your specific programme, as they can differ greatly between departments.
If you have any questions regarding Master’s studies at Uppsala University we are always happy to help. You can contact the International Office by sending an email to email@example.com, or through our Facebook page. If you want to get connected with our current international students and learn about student life at Uppsala University, follow us on Instagram – TaggedforUppsala.
We hope to hear from you soon!