Syllabus for Research Training in Biology
Forskningspraktik i biologi
- 20 credits
- Course code: 1BG365
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2007-05-10
- Established by:
- Revised: 2018-08-30
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2019
Bachelor's degree including alt 1) 60 credits biology and 30 credits chemistry or 30 credits earth sciences. alt 2) 90 credits biology. For admission, a project plan approved by the department is required
- Responsible department: Biology Education Centre
After the course, the student should have relevant working experience.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- in extent and time delimit and plan for implementation of the training period
- carry out a compilation of the literature in the field
- give a correct oral and written presentation of the work training period
The student participates in regular activities within industry, public administration or academic research. The student should under supervision or independently participate in work relevant to the subject.
The student is given private tuition at the working place
Written and oral presentation of the work training period.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
Applies from: Autumn 2019
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.