Syllabus for Project Work in Biology
Projektarbete i biologi
- 15 credits
- Course code: 1BG367
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2007-05-10
- Established by:
- Revised: 2018-08-30
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2019
Bachelor's degree including alt 1) 60 credits biology and 30 credits chemistry or 30 credits earth sciences. alt 2) 90 credits biology. For admission, a project plan approved by the department is required.
- Responsible department: Biology Education Centre
After the course, the student should have gained experience and basic knowledge in planning, implementing and presenting of work in project form. On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- in extent and in time delimit and plan for a study of a problem
- present the methods used in the project
- search, evaluate and compile relevant information to the problem
- select appropriate methods
- examine, interpret and evaluate the results of the study
- present the results in correct language, orally and in writing, in an appropriate form for the project.
An independent investigation, a research project or developmental work is carried out, guided by a supervisor from within the industry, a public authority or an academic department. Project methodology.
Instruction is given in the form of individual supervision at the workplace.
Written and oral presentation of the project work including an analysis of how it is to work within a project.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
Applies from: Autumn 2019
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.