Syllabus for Distributed Information Systems
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1DT066
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Computer Science G2F,
Sociotechnical Systems G2F
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2011-03-07
- Established by:
- Revised: 2018-08-30
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2019
- Entry requirements:
- Responsible department: Department of Information Technology
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain in a concise manner how the Internet is constructed and functions.
- Use basic tools to explore a networked environment and work in a distributed fashion.
- Demonstrate awareness of data and networking security.
- Analyse and present a distributed system in a seminar form.
- Design and Analyse a simple distributed information system.
- An introduction to computer systems.
- Introduction to Internetworking, protocol stacks and data transport.
- Design and operation of distributed systems and applications.
- Central concepts in distributed systems, including transparency, scalability, middleware, synchronisation, failure handling, consistency, and parallelism.
- Operating systems, scheduling, processes, memory systems and cloud abstractions.
- Security considerations, basic cryptography and network security.
- Basic designs and constraints of Internet-of-Things, including energy, scalability, privacy, and semantical interoperability.
- Analyzis and presentation of a network based distributed system.
- Examining running networks with observing tools.
Lectures, seminars, assignments, and labs.
Written and oral examination of seminars, assignments, and labs.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
The course cannot be counted towards a degree together with 1DT057, 1DT052, 1DT102, eller 1DT094.
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.