Syllabus for Programming Embedded Systems, Project
Programmering av inbyggda system, projekt
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1DT108
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Computer Science A1F,
Embedded Systems A1F
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2016-03-08
- Established by:
- Revised: 2022-10-17
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2023
120 credits including Computer Architecture and Operating Systems. Participation in Real Time Systems and Programming of Embedded Systems. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Department of Information Technology
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- develop embedded software of high quality using high level programming in e.g. C,
- develop embedded systems based on real time operating systems,
- develop software on embedded hardware platforms taking limitations such as memory size, processor capacity, and bandwidth into account,
- develop correct and efficient software using fault detection and other test systems.
Project work in groups covering the following areas: development environments for embedded software, resource aware programming, hardware programming, developing multi-threaded software, inter-process communication with shared memory and message passing, programming using real time operating systems, fault detection and testing, and fault tolerance and fault recovery.
Written and oral reporting on the project.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
Applies from: Autumn 2023
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Simon, David E.
An embedded software primer
Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, cop. 1999
Embedded system design
Updated and corr. version: Dordrecht: Springer, cop. 2006
Pont, Michael J.
Patterns for time-triggered embedded systems : building reliable applications with the 8051 family of microcontrollers
Harlow: Addison-Wesley, cop. 2001
Buttazzo, Giorgio C.
Hard real-time computing systems : predictable scheduling algorithms and applications
2. ed.: New York: Springer, 2005