Syllabus for Astrophysics II
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1FA205
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2007-03-15
- Established by:
- Revised: 2018-08-30
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2019
30 credits in mathematics and 60 credits in physics, Astrophysics I or the equivalent.
- Responsible department: Department of Physics and Astronomy
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
* account for a specific field of contemporary astronomical research
* independently collect relevant information, compile and present scientific articles as a preparation for seminars
The course will be given as seminars. The content is concentrated towards current research fields and questions at issue.
Passed seminars and presentations. The final grade on the course depends on the student's commitment and understanding of the subject.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
Applies from: Spring 2019
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
The literature is dependent on choice of specialisation and will be decided together with the teacher at the start of the course.