Syllabus for IT, Ethics and Organisation
IT, etik och organisation
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1MD004
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Computer Science A1N,
Human-Computer Interaction A1N
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2007-03-15
- Established by:
- Revised: 2020-02-04
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2020
120 credits. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Department of Information Technology
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- report for which ethical theories and organisation theories that are relevant to use at analysis at design and using IT-system;
- handle and solve ethical problems in connection with design and using IT-systems;
- using questionnaires, surveys, interviews and the like in connection with software development and IT-use.
Lectures, seminars and group exercises with typical problem discussions, individual assignment about ethical issues related to information technology activities. Using special tools to identify real IT ethical problems and to plan development, introduction and use of specific systems. Group exercises where the participants train their ethical skills on real ethical conflicts and problems.
The teaching contains lectures, supervision of the assignment and compulsory seminars and group exercises.
Written examination (3 credits), assignment (2 credits) and participation in seminars and group exercises.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.