Syllabus for Energy Efficiency in Buildings
Energieffektivisering i byggnader
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1TE438
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2017-03-07
- Established by:
- Revised: 2022-02-03
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2022
- Entry requirements:
- Responsible department: Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- independently identify and solve problems as well as complete tasks within given time frames,
- apply acquired knowledge, as well as acquire and make use of knowledge needed for project execution,
- apply simulation programs of buildings to perform energy calculations, evaluate the relationship between energy use, indoor comfort and users,
- evaluate and justify energy-saving measures in existing building stock,
- discuss energy efficiency measures on grounds of engineering and economic feasibility,
- discuss the environmental aspects of renovation and the building's energy supply from a system perspective,
- provide constructive criticism on other people's texts.
Energy efficiency in existing buildings in terms of energy use, indoor comfort, use, technical and economic feasibility, cultural values, as well as system perspectives such as energy supply and environmental aspects. Energy simulations in buildings. Text review and peer critique. Energy efficiency measures for apartment buildings are proposed and evaluated.
Lectures, seminars, study visits, laboratory work. To a larger extent the course is given in the form of a project work in a group.
Project work with written project report, project presentation, written and oral opposition on another group's project report (4 credits).
Hands on simulation of buildings, seminars as well as presence at study visits (1 credit).
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding targeted pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
The course may not be included in a degree together with 1TE190 Efficient use of energy in buildings, 1TE639 Efficient Use of Energy in Buildings - Technology and Systems, 1TE035 Energy Efficiency in Buildings - Technology and Systems, 1TE037 Energy Efficiency and 1TE036 Energy Efficient Buildings and Building Components.
Applies from: Autumn 2022
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Byggnaden som system
4., [omarb. och förnyad] uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2016