Syllabus for Degree Project in Industrial Engineering and Management
Examensarbete i industriell teknik
- 15 credits
- Course code: 1TG277
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Industrial Engineering and Management G2E
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2016-03-08
- Established by:
- Revised: 2021-10-08
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2022
130 credits, of which 65 credits in industrial engineering and management. Participation in Degree Project Feasibility Study in Industrial Engineering and Management and also Sustainable Business Development.
- Responsible department: Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- seek, collect, evaluate and critically analyse relevant information in a problem,
- independently identify, formulate and handle questions, and analyse and evaluate different solutions within given time frames,
- critically discuss phenomena, issues and situations,
- make assessments taking relevant technical, scientific, societal and ethical aspects into account,
- orally and in writing give an account of and discuss information, problems and solutions in dialogue with different groups,
- work independently in the field of industrial engineering and management,
- demonstrate a scientific approach.
In the degree project, the student should apply skills acquired during the study period by independently treating and presenting an assignment within a given time frame based on results from the course Degree Project Feasibility Study in Industrial Engineering and Management. The assignment should be chosen so that knowledge acquired during previous studies in the Bachelor's Programme in Leadership - Quality Management - Improvement can be applied, broadened and deepened.
Independent research or development work, report writing, individual supervision and seminars.
Oral and written presentation of the degree project (see Other Directives). Critical review of another degree project (normally within the same programme), or an equivalent assignment defined by the examiner.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding targeted pedagogical support from the University's disability coordinator.
Guidelines for the degree project are available at www.teknat.uu.se/.
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.