Syllabus for Projects and Leadership
Projekt och ledning
- 15 credits
- Course code: 1TG283
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Industrial Engineering and Management G1N
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2018-03-06
- Established by:
- Revised: 2022-01-24
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2022
- Entry requirements: General entry requirements
- Responsible department: Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
After passing the course, students should be able to
- explain what characterises a project and describe different roles in a project, methods and documentation,
- plan, lead, carry out and document projects, including project and steering committee meetings, and carry out a stakeholder analysis,
- present projects orally and in writing,
- identify and analyse the group dynamic process at individual and group level,
- describe and analyse their own values, learning styles and conflict management styles,
- identify and analyse their own role in the project group,
- describe different organisational forms and identify and describe different forms of leadership, including project management,
- describe different ethical approaches,
- describe different theories of interpersonal communication and give constructive feedback,
- identify and describe cultural ideas and diversity at individual, group and organisational level,
- identify, analyse and describe their own ability to engage in trustful cooperation and conflict resolution.
Project models, project organisation, meeting forms, documentation and project plans. Risk analysis, specifications, goal formulation, stakeholder analysis, scheduling and activity deployment time planning. Agile project methods. Writing of project report. Ethical approaches. Learning techniques, motivating value systems and conflict styles. Project work in groups, project management from an individual and group perspective, interpersonal communication, group dynamics, roles, conflict management and feedback. Improvement work. Organisation and leadership theory. Cultural ideas and diversity.Trustful cooperation.
Lectures, guest lectures, seminars and a project carried out in groups.
Written assignments in groups and individually (6 credits), seminars (4 credits) and oral and written presentation of the project assignment, including documentation of steering committee meetings (3 credits). Written examination (2 credits).
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may decide to make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding targeted pedagogical support from the university's disability coordinator.
The course cannot be included in a degree together with 1TG230 Project and management
Applies from: Autumn 2022
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Teams in the spotlight : a handbook for team development
First edition: [Stockholm]: Natur & Kultur, 
Project leadership for individuals and teams
Edition 1: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 
Fifth edition: Stockholm: Sanoma Utbildning, 
Articles and other material of about 500 pages will be added and provided by the teacher.
Literature Distance learning course
Jacobsen, Dag Ingvar;
Hur moderna organisationer fungerar
4., [uppdaterade] uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2014
Projektledning upplaga 7
Sanoma Utbildning, 2018
Ledtrådar till ett moget ledarskap
2., [rev.] uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2012
Gruppsykologi : om grupper, organisationer och ledarskap
Sjunde upplagan: Lund: Studentlitteratur,