Syllabus for Professional Training in Sustainable Destination Development
Yrkesanknuten praktik i hållbar destinationsutveckling
- 15 credits
- Course code: 1TG433
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Sustainable Destination Development A1F
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2019-05-09
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Spring 2020
30 credits within Sustainable Destination Development, including Introduction to Sustainable Destination Development. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
The purpose of the course is to develop a more solid foundation for future professional life within sustainable destination development.
Upon completing the course the student should be able to
- put knowledge in sustainable destination development into practical work in an external organisation,
- describe the goals of the workplace, its role in the society, its organisation and regulations, especially regarding sustainability,
- use the at the workplace practiced methods and describe how they contribute to sustainability,
- show ability to in a constructive way receive supervision and collaborate with the supervisor and other staff at the workplace,
- reflect on the work carried through, orally and in writing.
Take part in the daily work at the workplace, led by a supervisor on site. Work tasks shall be connected to the programme in sustainable destination development.
Written and oral presentation at the end of the course.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
It is mainly the responsibility of the student to find a suitable workplace in an organisation. Before the training starts the workplace, supervisor and work plan should be approved by the department.
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.