Syllabus for Additive Manufacturing in Metallic and Ceramic Materials
Additiv tillverkning i metalliska och keramiska material
- 10 credits
- Course code: 1TM106
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Materials Engineering A1F
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2020-02-25
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Revised: 2023-02-03
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2023
120 credits in science/engineering including 10 hp advanced courses. Materials Chemistry for Additive Manufacturing or Materials Chemistry 10 credits. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Department of Materials Science and Engineering
On completion of the course the student shall be able to:
- describe the principles of common techniques for printing metals and ceramics,
- describe what opportunities and limitations that different techniques have,
- describe how the techniques influence the materials in the printed components and how this influences the properties of the components,
- suggest appropriate techniques for additive manufacturing in different materials for a specific application,
- suggest appropriate materials and forms of raw materials for additive manufacturing,
- describe and perform normal operations for additive manufacturing in metals and ceramics.
Definition and techniques for additive manufacturing of metals and ceramics. Process steps from raw material selection and preparation, design, printing and post-treatments. Methods for characterisation of printed components. Additive manufacturing as a complement to or substitution for conventional production techniques.Printing in practice.
Lectures, project work, and laboratory session.
Written exam (5 creditshp). Project work (3 credits). Laboratory sessions (2 credits).
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.