Syllabus for Computing Education Research
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 10 credits
- Course code: 1DT061
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Computer Science A1N
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2009-03-12
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Spring 2009
120 credits including 45 credits in computer science or 45 credits in academic teaching and learning/educational sciences.
- Responsible department: Department of Information Technology
The students should after the course be able to describe fundamental concepts concerning how students learn computer science and about how the subject is taught. They should be able to account for different theories of learning and current research in computer science education and apply their knowledge in a study of an aspect of the subject.
Introduction to computer science education research: learning theories, learning within computer science, research in learning computer science.
Research areas: First year programming, gender issues within computer science, critical theory, quantitative and qualitative research.
An individual project.
Lectures, seminars, and project work. Guest lectures.
The course is examined through project, discussions and assignments.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Spring 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2009)
Applies from: Spring 2011
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Institutionen för informationsteknologi,