Syllabus for Introduction to Construction Engineering
Introduktion till byggteknik
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1TE439
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2017-03-07
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2017
- Entry requirements: General entry requirements and Physics 2, Chemistry 1, Mathematics 3c or Physics B, Chemistry A, Mathematics D
- Responsible department: Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
After a successfully completed course the student should be able to:
- describe certain common tasks for a construction engineer,
- describe briefly the construction process,
- write a simple technical report,
- plan and conduct an oral presentation,
- build a simple physical model.
Overview of the programme's objectives and content and their relation to the building process. Examples from the construction engineers' labor market. Study skills. Model building. Report writing and information search, presentation techniques.
Lectures, exercises, supervision of a project executed in a group, study visits.
Active participation in study visits and discussions during lectures (2 credits) as well as oral and written reporting av groupwork (3 credits).
- Latest syllabus (applies from Autumn 2022)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2020)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2018)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2017)
Applies from: Spring 2018
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Byggledning : projektering
1. uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2015