Syllabus for Project 1: Designing of Detached House
Projekt 1: Projektering av småhus
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 15 credits
- Course code: 1TE441
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2017-03-07
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2017
Introduction to Construction Engineering, Building Design and Drawing.
- Responsible department: Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
The course aims at providing the students with knowledge in building construction, particularly with regard to the construction of detached houses as well as the whole construction process up to the building permit. The knowledge is to be applied in the production of drawings and a building description for a detached house.
After a successfully completed course course, students will be able to:
- produce documents for a house prior to the construction phase,
- describe the types of bearing structures in buildings,
- describe the structure of the foundation, floor, wall and roof for detached houses,
- account for earthworks and describe different foundation methods,
- account for different loads on buildings,
- describe the different installation systems present in a building and their impact on the design of the building,
- describe and explain the various stages of the construction process up to the building permit,
- describe the various laws and regulations affecting parties in the construction process up to and including the building permit,
- describe the different roles in the construction process until the building permit,
- collaborate in a project work,
- explain the principles of sustainability.
Drawings and construction description of detached houses. The construction of a detached house with the necessary technical building solutions such as foundation, wall and roof. Introduction to the AMA description (General Material and Job Description). Project work and the characteristics of a project. Sustainability and climate change with regard to the construction process and materials. Introduction to installation techniques and their influence on the building design.
Lectures, study visits, seminars and project assignments in a group in three stages.
Active participation in study visits and seminars as well as written and oral presentation of project assignment #1 (5 credits). Written and oral presentation of project assignment #2 (5 credits). Writen and oral presentation of project assignment #3 (5 credits).
The course may not be included in a degree together with 1TE434 Construction Engineering I, 1TE413 Geodetical Surveying, 1TE421 Drawing and CAD Design II.
Applies from: Spring 2017
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Bygga hus : illustrerad bygglära
2. [rev.] uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2015
Så byggdes villan : svensk villaarkitektur från 1890 till 2010
[Ny utg.]: Stockholm: Svensk Byggtjänst, cop. 2015
Arkitektens handbok 2016
8., [rev.] uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2016
Bostadsbestämmelser 2015 : en handbok om byggbestämmelser för bostäder och bostadsmiljö - nybyggnad och ombyggnad
Nionde utgåvan: Stockholm: Svensk byggtjänst, 
Projektering av VVS-installationer
1. uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2010