Syllabus for Building Design and Drawing
Byggnadsprojektering med ritteknik
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1TE440
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2017-03-07
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Spring 2017
- Entry requirements: General entry requirements and Physics 2, Chemistry 1, Mathematics 3c or Physics B, Chemistry A, Mathematics D
- Responsible department: Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
After a successfully completed course the student should be able to:
- describe the design stage of the construction process and related documents;
- produce simple drawings according to selected standards,
- independently model and present building documents in a system for building information modeling (BIM),
- use the computer programs and systems required in the introductory courses of the programme,
- retrieve and interpret information regarding construction documents from different disciplines.
Introduction to the University's computer systems and networks. The various stages of the building process as well as actors in terms of drawing techniques in a construction project. Construction Standards and drawing techniques in projects. Introduction to basic principles of computer-aided design (CAD). Introduction to building information modeling (BIM), both as a virtual prototype and a working method, as well as the theoretical differences between the working methods of CAD and BIM designs. Drawing rules. Construction documents from different disciplines. The planning process as part of the construction process.
Lectures, exercises and group work.
Presentation of exercises (1 credit), written and oral presentation of groupwork (2 credits) as well as written examination (2 credits).
The course may not be included in a degree together with 1TE420 Drawing and CAD Design I.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Autumn 2022)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2017)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2017)
Applies from: Spring 2017
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
1. uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2015
2008 eller senare: Liber, 2008
Arkitektens handbok 2016
8., [rev.] uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2016