Syllabus for Industrial Management
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1TE743
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Industrial Engineering and Management G1F
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2016-03-10
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Revised: 2018-02-24
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2018
30 credits within natural sciences/engineering/pharmacy/medicine.
- Responsible department: Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
After a successfully completed course, the student should be able to:
- choose, prepare, interpret and use cost estimates as a basis for the different situations in an industrial company,
- interpret financial statements and other financial reports of industrial companies, including the income statement, the balance sheet, the cash flow statement and key measures in these,
- describe how management control of results, action, people and culture functions in an industrial company,
- explain how strategic planning, management, entrepreneurship, organisation, production and learning works in an industrial company,
- explain how the industrial company markets and price it’s products,
- explain how the company deal with it’s environment.
Volume analysis, costing, investment appraisal, accounting and bookkeeping, budgeting, financing, financial analysis, pricing and management control are discussed as support for and a background to decision-making. Insights into the company and it’s environment, leadership, entrepreneurship, organisation, strategic planning, learning and marketing are given as a basis for understanding structure of the industrial company's prerequisits.
Lectures, exercises, seminars and tutorials.
Written exam (5 credits). Written assignments and a seminar give bonus points at exams within one year from the beginning of the course.
The course may not be included in a degree together with any of the following courses: 1TE728 Industrial Management and 2FE025 Business Studies, Basic Course A/B.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Autumn 2023)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2022, version 2)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2022, version 1)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2018)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2017)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2016)
Applies from: Autumn 2018
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
The Management of the Industrial Company: Atlas Copco Industrial Technique". Håkan Kullvén, Studentlitteratur, Lund, 2018.
Literature in the form of pdf files, as well as links to filmed material and articles, are provided through the course website.