Syllabus for Project 1: Designing of Detached House
Projekt 1: Projektering av småhus
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 15 credits
- Course code: 1TE441
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2017-03-07
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Revised: 2018-03-13
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2018
Introduction to Construction Engineering, Building Design and Drawing.
- Responsible department: Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
The course aims at providing the students with knowledge in building construction, particularly with regard to the construction of detached houses as well as the whole construction process up to the building permit. The knowledge is to be applied in the production of drawings and a building description for a detached house.
After a successfully completed course course, students will be able to:
- independently produce documents for a single-family home prior to the construction phase in a BIM program,
- describe the types of bearing structures in buildings, its connecting parts and associated main functions, as well as design different types of foundation, wall, ceiling and beam structures,
- describe the structure of the foundation, floor, wall and roof for detached houses,
- account for earthworks and describe different foundation methods,
- account for different loads on buildings,
- describe the different installation systems present in a building and their impact on the design of the building,
- describe and explain the various stages of the construction process up to the building permit,
- describe the various laws and regulations affecting parties in the construction process up to and including the building permit,
- describe the different roles in the construction process until the building permit,
- collaborate in a project work,
- explain the principles of sustainability,
- perform simple calculations for thermal insulation and explain the impact of moisture on building materials and building components,
- describe the various installation systems that occur in a building and their influence on the design of the building,
- explain how installation and heating systems affect the building's energy balance as well as dimension smaller heating and installation systems,
- describe and apply the drawing technique used for the installation systems.
Drawings and construction description of detached houses. The construction of a detached house with the necessary technical building solutions such as foundation, wall and roof. Introduction to the AMA description (General Material and Job Description). Project work and the characteristics of a project. Sustainability and climate change with regard to the construction process and materials. Introduction to installation techniques and their influence on the building design. Project work and what characterizes a project. The construction process, laws and regulations linked to the phase of pre-projecting a single house. Sustainability and climate impact with regard to construction process and material selection. Introduction to installation techniques and orientation about the impact of installations on the design of buildings. Orienteering about the impact of the installations on the building. Energy balance. Application of Riding Technology with BIM and CAD as a tool.
Lectures, study visits, seminars and supervision of project assignments in a group in three stages.
Active participation in exercises, study visits and seminars as well as written and oral presentation of project assignment #1 (5 credits). Written and oral presentation of project assignment #2 (5 credits). Writen and oral presentation of project assignment #3 (5 credits).
The course may not be included in a degree together with 1TE434 Construction Engineering I, 1TE413 Geodetical Surveying, 1TE421 Drawing and CAD Design II.
Applies from: Autumn 2018
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Bygga hus : illustrerad bygglära
2. [rev.] uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2015
Så byggdes villan : svensk villaarkitektur från 1890 till 2010
[Ny utg.]: Stockholm: Svensk Byggtjänst, cop. 2015
Arkitektens handbok 2016
8., [rev.] uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2016
Bostadsbestämmelser 2015 : en handbok om byggbestämmelser för bostäder och bostadsmiljö - nybyggnad och ombyggnad
Nionde utgåvan: Stockholm: Svensk byggtjänst, 
Projektering av VVS-installationer
1. uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2010
Institutionen för teknikvetenskaper, 2018