Syllabus for Ill Health and Promotion of Health for Women and Children from a National and Global Perspective
Ohälsa och främjande av hälsa för kvinnor och barn utifrån ett nationellt och globalt perspektiv
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 7.5 credits
- Course code: 3PE128
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Medical Science G2F,
Caring Sciences G2F
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2015-11-04
- Established by: The Board of the Nursing Programmes
- Revised: 2018-06-05
- Revised by: The Board of the Nursing Programmes
- Applies from: Spring 2018
- Entry requirements:
- Responsible department: Department of Women's and Children's Health
Decisions and guidelines
Selectable program course, Nursing Program, term 5, Uppsala University.
Independent course for other participants according to the eligibility requirement upon availability.
Consists of theoretical studies during study weeks 11-15.
The course is at distance.
Distance learning course: The course is online-based and has three compulsory course days placed at Campus Uppsala or participation by Web conference.
The course contents Care Science 4,5 hp and Medical Science 3 hp.
Teaching language is Swedish. The course will be given if required in English.
After the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe and apply Human rights and Convention of the Children´s Rights and its impact of children´s and women´s health, nationally and globally.
- Develop a nursing plan and explain aspects of importance of nutrition for children and women during pregnancy and childbirth nationally and globally.
- Identify and analyse factors that could influence health in children and women nationally and globally.
- Analyze and evaluate national and global issues that affect children´s and women´s health with scientific, equality, gender and ethical perspective.
CARING SCIENCE WITH PERSPECTIVE FROM NURSING AND MEDICAL SCIENCES
The themes will be elucidated from a national and global perspective:
1. The rights of children and young people, human equality and gender equality and their impact on health
2. Ill health and the promotion of health in connection with childbirth and its impact on the child and the woman: maternal healthcare, neonate care, children’s health, growth and nutrition.
3. Ill health and the promotion of health in children and young people: protective factors and risk factors, existential pain, children's vulnerabilities and needs.
Web lectures in each theme.
Discussion forum within each theme.
Assignments including one assignments as a written PM.
Seminars/lectures at Campus Uppsala or by Web conference.
Literature including policy documents and articles.
The student should have access to a computer with webcam, headphones and Internet connection with good performance.
Teaching takes place at full time for five weeks.
Parts of the education is in English language.
Mandatory is the introduction to the course, seminars and assignments.
Examination takes place via seminars and written assignments. Examination is done according to the guidelines of the nursing program with a maximum of 5 times per student.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the University´s disability coordinator.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Spring 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2018)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2017)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2015)
Applies from: Spring 2018
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Obstetrik och gynekologi
4., [uppdaterade] uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur AB, 2010
2. [utök. och uppdaterade] uppl.: Stockholm: Liber, 2015
1. uppl.: Stockholm: Liber, 2011
Grundläggande folkhälsovetenskap : Kristina Pellmer, Bengt Wramner, Håkan Wramner ; [foto: Håkan Wramner]
3., kompletterade uppl.: Stockholm: Liber, 2012
Omvårdnadens grunder : hälsa och ohälsa
2. uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2014
Markle, William H.;
Fisher, Melanie A.;
Smego, Raymond A.
Understanding global health
2. ed.: New York: McGraw-Hill Education Medical, cop. 2014